Friday, January 15, 2010

3-Day High-Metabolism Diet

This is January's "T'Do". Each time I've tried it, it actually worked. It's not terribly tough to adhere to unless you've got insanely terrible eating habits to begin with... which I realize most of us do. So...

According to the magazine article, this plan helps decrease hunger and increase calorie burn. And while I can 'feel' the calories melting off (via some random sweating episodes), that, in turn, can make you feel a bit hungry throughout the day. However, I'm usually always hungry. But that's just me... and me, all the damn time.

With this menu, drink at least 8 cups of water or green tea per day (I hear that speeds up calorie-burn), and it's always best to consult your quack before starting. I sweeten my green tea with Stevia, because it was suggested in another fad diet I'd read about. Also, it states that if using this diet for more than 3 days, to include 200 calories of 'healthy' food and a daily multivitamin after the 3rd day.

I found the coconut oil ($9 per jar, but it lasts for months!) and steel-cut oats by-the-ounce at the local health food store. That crud looks and tastes like lil tiny chopped, wooden branche and take a lonnng time to cook, so I prepare mine in advance and refrigerate 3 days worth. As awful and slimy as they are, they are pretty filling. Buy the hottest salsa you can tolerate, or make your own (I use diced grape tomatoes, onions, garlic and jalepenos with lime juice & cilantro) The 'capsaicin' in hot salsa really kicks your metabolism up, and I spike mine with tobasco sometimes. I also feel bad about wasting 3 eggs just to get the whites. The 'Only Whites' stuff at the store is probably more expensive. I'll have to nvestigate.

Oh yeah... waking up to apple cider vinegar water is some BULL! ! It tastes awful and boins ya stomach if not properly diluted. Go for the lemon juice instead if it's unbearable. Still awful, but definitely more tolerable in the a.m.






LOVE the salad with the homemade oil-and-vinegar 'dressing'. A dash of salt & pepper, or  Mrs. Dash Table Blend, and some green veggies (3 cups maximum? Pshtt!). The tuna/chicken is the  highlight of my day. *yawn*



Since I find low-sodium V-8 boring, I sometimes go a little overboard on the tabasco! Mmmm, niggadry! And I am QUITE the celery-lover too, so that's a bonus (for me).

Why isn't salmon cheaper? You can get a can of tuna for pennies! Why can't someone breed a bazillion salmon so they're not so expensive. Geeeez! I'm gonna start a salmon farm

And six almonds? Pshtt! What a tease! I don't even eat 'em whole. I nibble one at a time and bask in it's flavor. I imagine it's a small chicken wing.

A very very very small chicken wing.



In closing, I probably shouldn't complain! Lots of people would consider this a gourmet way to diet. But coming from someone who goes into extreme withdrawal from not having had a single crumb of fried chicken in the past 24 hours... this isht is killing me softly.





Oh YEAH! That's the GOOD sh*t right there! *licks the monitor*

Later, Gators!


*clicking on any Ads by Google on this blog will pay for a single almond sliver*

No comments: