Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One Woman, Many Men

Today marked Day 2 of an ongoing online debate. The topic of "Making Things Simpler by Having a Sex Buddy".

To which I have replied: Nothing is simple when sex is involved. More specifically, a woman is less likely to have a strictly sexual relationship with a man... without the chance of feelings being involved. In turn, I was accused of setting a double standard.

As far as I knew, double standards are when you have a moral code set for one side, and not the other. I don't believe it's 'morally' wrong for a woman to have many partners, anymore than it is for a man to have them.

Example:
Fact/Opinion:
A woman is more likely to cry at the movies. A man is less likely.

Double Standard:
It is only acceptable for a woman to cry at the movies. Never for a man.



I know I'm not wrong here.

What I DO believe, is that a typical woman will become emotionally involved while having intimate relations with a man. We're just wired that way. We are more likely to 'make love', men are more likely to 'screw'. And I believe any woman who thinks she is capable of having "just sex" with a man, without having any feelings... even if they're tucked away in her subconscious... is probably fooling herself.

Cursed be this estrogen.

No comments: